Sunday, June 23, 2013

My signature Birthday Cake Recipe! (via my wife and daughter of course)

What's your signature Birthday Cake? It is a must to have your favorite, I discovered mine when I was 13 years old.  My Step-mom made me and my twin sister a banana split cake for our birthday and it, was, and still is my favorite cake.  Today, over thirty years later, my wife and daughter make me this cake for my birthday.  Here is their cake and recipe, Enjoy!




Brad's Banana Split Birthday Cake

Ingredients:

1 stick butter
2 c. graham cracker crumbs
1/4 c. sugar
2 (8oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
1 lb. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
5 bananas
1 lb (15 oz) can crushed pineapple
16 oz. carton frozen whipped topping (the ladies prefer to make their own)
1/2 c. pecans and cherries

Melt butter, stir in graham cracker crumbs and sugar and press in 9x13 pan.

Beat softened cream cheese until fluffy. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and beat until blended. Spread over graham cracker mixture. Sprinkle with nuts and cherries and refrigerate over night if possible to keep the family out of it.



1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! Looks like the perfect birthday cake!

    ReplyDelete